Using X3

Description of your first forum.

Using X3

PostPosted by epare » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:37 pm

Hi All,

My first use of L3 & X3 in Surveyor 3D. L3 seems pretty straightforward. My attempt at X3, I created several points on a layer, then hit X3, chose Layer, in the resulting Export Points Option banner that appears, the box that allows me to enter the Point Number Starting Index is dimmed out no allowing me to enter a number. Also, there's nowhere shown to enter a description for the point.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Ed
epare

Re: Using X3

PostPosted by Matt » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:35 am

Did you use PO or PT to create the points. PT is the survey point command and I believe that's the only way you can add point numbers.
Matt
Matt
Site Admin

PostPosted by epare » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:07 pm

Thanks Matt,

Hadn't yet discovered that command. As I experiment with it, I'm finding that unless I have the command place the point description in the drawing, it won't save the description in the export file. I don't place the point description on the map. Is there a way to not plot the description, but still include it when the points are exported? Also, I don't save elevations in my coordinate files unless the file is for a topo survey. Is there a way to not have the elevations included in the exported ASCII file?

Thanks,

Ed
epare

PostPosted by Matt » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:58 pm

Let me look into that. Can you send me (contact@generalcadd.com) a small sampling of your gxd that will show the problem. I would think the display of the labels should not have any bearing on what gets exported in X3. Worse case I'll put a checkbox in there to include descriptions and elevs.
Matt
Matt
Site Admin

PostPosted by Matt » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:31 pm

Ed - I sent you a link to a new version. Let me know how it works.
Mat
Matt
Site Admin

Return to General CADD Forum