Windows on Apple Mac

Description of your first forum.

Windows on Apple Mac

PostPosted by peohguy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:03 pm

Has anyone ever installed General Cadd on an Apple Mac?
I have an Apple mac and would like to install Windows 7 on it using Apple Boot Camp, But when I try to follow the instructions I get totally lost.
Any help out there?

Peohguy
peohguy

Re: Windows on Apple Mac

PostPosted by Vincent » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:01 am

Hi Peohguy,

I found this post from Matt M Gut on our old formum which got corrupted but fortunately got archived.

http://web.archive.org/web/20071012033752/http://www.generalcadd.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=11670#Post11670

If you get it running please let us know.
Vincent
Vincent

PostPosted by peohguy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:03 am

Vincent,
Thanks for the info. I did have Parallels with Windows 7 on my Mac, but something went wrong with my Windows. I keep getting the message that I don't have enough memory and I haven't been able to solve that yet. I'm thinking that parallels may want me to update the version I have, but not sure (I have been away from my Apple Mac for quite a while, a year or two, and have lost what little knowledge or ability I had with it). That's why I tried to get Windows installed with Boot Camp, so I wouldn't have to deal with parallels.
I switched from a Windows pc to apple a few years ago - I got tired of the blue screen syndrome but it was a whole new learning experience not nearly as intuitive, I don't have the apple mindset. But viruses, blue screens, and being held hostage haven't been a problem. I have a PC laptop that's why I am able to run General Cadd.

I will let you know of my experience with General Cadd on Windows on Apple Mac, whether with Boot Camp or Parallels, once I resolve my problems.
:?
peohguy

PostPosted by William McCormick » Sun May 21, 2017 4:58 pm

I am running Windows 10 on a Mac Book Pro, and it works well. I have not tried the new version that fixes the messaging size and environment save yet, but I plan to do that soon.

If I remember you have to download a boot camp driver package first, and install that on the boot camp partition. And then load windows. It has all been surprisingly easy. However the level of unknown is extreme. I have had a few interesting things happening in both worlds when I made hardware adjustments. But all and all it has been very nice actually.

There seems to be some unwillingness at times for the DP (drawing print) to find or be able to create a print file. It is an occasional thing so I have not been able to tell what it is. However looking back over the years of Windows updates and changes, I believe the Mac World is actually an improvement.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
William McCormick

PostPosted by William McCormick » Sun May 21, 2017 5:09 pm

In preferences if you do not want to hold down the option key, and wait for the boot screen, you can just hit start disk and choose Windows boot.

But then when you are in Windows you have to choose restart in Mac OS.

I am used it now so it is all good.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
William McCormick

PostPosted by William McCormick » Tue May 23, 2017 6:25 am

Matt that new version you made does hold the cell height constant. Thank you.

I was wondering about the dialog boxes and the top menu?

Sincerely,

William McCormick
William McCormick

Return to General CADD Forum