PostPosted by contractorjeff » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:16 am

windows 10 general CADD 12

how do I create a hatch?

how do I modify an existing hatch?
contractorjeff

Re: hatch

PostPosted by PHINESLS » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:03 am

ContractorJeff,

How do I create a hatch? You will need to have a closed Polyline for the Outline Perimeter Boundary. This can be accomplished by several methods. One way is to click on each Perimeter Boundary Line in a sequence or another way is to do a seed Hatch where you click inside a closed Polyline. To do the seed Hatch use the IH command then select a point inside the Boundary and it will hatch inside that Boundary. Of course you will have to set up your hatch Setting first. Use the HS "Hatch settings" command the select the Pattern, Scale, rotation, Color, Layer and etc.

How do I modify an existing hatch? Use the HG Command "Hatch Change" Type HG then Click on the Hatch or Hatches than hit enter and you will come to a menu where you can Modify the different Properties and Features of the Hatch.

GCP has Very Nice and Powerful Hatching capabilities.

Regards,

Patrick (Rusty) Hines LS
PHINESLS

PostPosted by Lew » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:37 pm

Jeff,

The posted "paper" was written for a different CAD system (Alibre), but most of the "directions" still apply. One difference is that Alibre uses "sub-classes" of hatch patterns that General CADD does not. However, it may help you. It may be downloaded from: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/344 ... nition.pdf
Lew

PostPosted by free1959 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:04 pm

I want to actually create a new hatch pattern. Is there a step by step guide somewhere for that?
free1959

PostPosted by Bjorn Holmgren » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:00 pm

Open HELP and search for :

FILLS-HATCH PATTERNS

This describes the sequence of instructions in a hatch file.
Bjorn Holmgren

Return to General CADD Forum