Is it a good idea to move to Windows 10 for GCP

Description of your first forum.

Is it a good idea to move to Windows 10 for GCP

PostPosted by PHINESLS » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:36 am

For running GCP I am currently using Windows 7 Pro with good Performance and know Problems. Is there and advantage for me to move to Windows 10? Or should I Stay with Windows 7 Pro. If I make the move I will upgrade my computer with Windows 10 pre-installed. I am just wondering if it is not broke do not fix it.

Regards,

Patrick (Rusty) Hines LS
PHINESLS

Re: Is it a good idea to move to Windows 10 for GCP

PostPosted by Tom Albright » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:36 pm

I assume you mean "no known problems". Windows 7 is approaching its "end of life" in less than 4 years. We took advantage of the free upgrade in July. Our computers are all fairly modern with mostly i7 processors and 16 GB min of RAM. We have had no problems with GCP V12 and Win 7 Pro or Win 10 Pro.

Now that the free offer has expired and your computer is running well, I would see no compelling reason to "upgrade". Your best bet would be to wait till your computer needs replacing.

At home, I have two laptops - I upgraded the one with Win 8.1, because 8.1 is not that great. The other has Win 7 Home - I left that one as is.
Tom Albright
Tom Albright

Re: Is it a good idea to move to Windows 10 for GCP

PostPosted by PHINESLS » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:38 pm

Tom,

Thank you for your input and help. For now I will stay with Windows 7 Pro. Later If I need another Computer I will up Grade to Windows 10.

Best Regards,

Patrick (Rusty) Hines LS
PHINESLS

Return to General CADD Forum