Component S6 not inserting right

Description of your first forum.

Component S6 not inserting right

PostPosted by David S. » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:29 pm

I use component S6 for my property corners on survey drawings all the time and everything has been fine. While working on preparing a record plat using S6 for individual lot corners I was chasing a hundreth (0.01') for quite a while yesterday afternoon and ended up seeing that when placing the component it puts it 0.01' off where you actually snap to. I have reviewed AQ quite a bit and my component offset is always 0.000000, why is this happening? I can draw a random line, snap a S6 to it, zoom in and snap to the S6 insertion point (which is the actual radius point too) it is always 0.01' to the right or left of the random line endpoint. When I try to move the S6 to the endpoint it just goes 0.01' to the opposite side. Any ideas?

I believe I posted this problem quite awhile back but the old forum is gone now to see what the solution was. I know it had been fixed up till recently.
David S.

Re: Component S6 not inserting right

PostPosted by PHINESLS » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:22 am

David,

Does the Snap problem occur with all your components or just the S6. My S6 Snap locks right on to the Property Corner.

Regards,

Patrick (Rusty) Hines LS
PHINESLS

PostPosted by Tom Albright » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:57 pm

Check your Decimal Value setting.
Also, DI,S for screen DPI.
Tom Albright
Tom Albright

PostPosted by David S. » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:02 am

I went into older drawings using S6 and they were fine. So I just made an exact copy of it, saved it with a slightly different name, deleted out the present S6, renamed the created one S6 and all seems okay now. I do not know it it was a bug in my AQ settings or just the plat drawing I was in. Afterwards after resaving and testing it out I made sure to do a full environment save. With 16 active records plats going on right now I certainly don't want to chase my tail for any reason. I really appreciate the feedback. I was lying in bed and got to thinking no one knows what I am talking about with this 'S6' but a surveyor using the Draftsman way back. lol.
David S.

PostPosted by PHINESLS » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:32 am

David,

I am glad to hear you were able to manipulate your drawings to take the S6 Component properly again.

Regards,

Rusty
PHINESLS

Return to General CADD Forum