gcp to dwg

Description of your first forum.

gcp to dwg

PostPosted by joepenna » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:24 pm

Can anyone tell me how I can convert my gcp files to a dwg file
joepenna

Re: gcp to dwg

PostPosted by PHINESLS » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:38 am

In GCP Type SA then you will have some choices, Type A for Autocad DWG. You will then come up with options of the new file name and where to save it to. There is also a DWG Options button select it and choose which version of AutoCad you desire along with some other neat settings. Then hit the save button when you are ready.

Regards,

Rusty
PHINESLS

PostPosted by joepenna » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:00 pm

Thank you Rusty
joepenna

PostPosted by Dondy2 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:26 am

Joe;
Rusty gave you the exact answer to your question. One Great feature of GCPro is the skill of it's users.

Let me please ask you some questions... which may help you further with this Fantastic Program.
(I note that you joined this forum less than three weeks ago so may I presume you are a new user of GCP)
First Question: WHAT is Your PURPOSE of Translating (Converting) GCP to DWG? The reason I ask is this;
if the DWG file is intended to be further edited with ACAD you will HAVE to include Suitable Support for
ALL your linetypes, fonts, etc. so the recepriant will be able to 'print' a drawing exactly like the one you print with your system. An easy (quick) check would be for you to actually preview the DWG within ACAD...
No doubt you are aware that you can print a PDF file for anyone who wants to view YOUR GXD exactly as you have produced it....
My future questions will depend on your response to my first one...

WELCOME to the World of GCPro...
Last edited by Dondy2 on Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dondy2

PostPosted by Dondy2 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:45 am

This is a post intended for the "Marketing Division" of GCPro...

Why do we perpetuate the 'mythical dominance' of ACAD over GCPro?
When those 'diehard' ACAD shops demand a dwg file (for simple viewing) why do we not suggest that they
download a install a FREE current Version of GCPro so they can quickly and easily SEE how much faster
our file loads... they can make simple edits, whatever, and print either a PDF or a hard copy for reply.
Although they cannot [save] a gxd file with their Demo-Ver they may (should) discover the savings of time
during a single year may justify the investment in ONE Licensed Copy of GCPro.

If you find my post offensive, please feel free to remove it from this forum.
Dondy2

Return to General CADD Forum