print to pdf

Description of your first forum.

print to pdf

PostPosted by Joemata » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:18 pm

Hello all, I am running V11 on a windows 10 machine. I am having an issue printing to pdf. I have multiple printer settings saved so that I can print to letter, tabloid, 1/2 size, ArchD, etc. Recently, for reasons beyond me, I am unable to print in Arch D (24X36), but printing the same drawing to letter or tabloid size works fine. specifically, when I hit the return key, check my setting, and click ok, it will not prompt me for the location. The prompt works fine when using letter or tabloid size, but not ArchD I know there has to be a setting I am missing, but I just can't make it work correctly. Any Ideas?

Thanks, Joe
Joemata

Re: print to pdf

PostPosted by Tom Albright » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:10 pm

What do you mean by, "it will not prompt me for the location" ?
Tom Albright
Tom Albright

PostPosted by Joemata » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:09 pm

Tom,

I appologize if some of this sounds wonky. It sounds correct in my head, but I can't type it as fast as I think it, therefore it doesnt always come out properly. Oh, and I am also using Adobe Acrobat X standard

"prompt for the location" means, when I would hit the 'enter' to print, normally, a dialogue box would appear prompting me where to save the pdf file. Then after printing, the pdf would display. My problem was that I was not getting that prompt to save, but the program looked like it was printing and then nothing. I would search for the pdf file thinking it may be saving some place to give me an indication to my problem, but nothing. I knew that the tabloid size pdf print setting worked so I tried to select that and change the print size and overwrite the archD print setting but that didn't work either. But I did get it working after days of aggrivation.

Ultimately, I selected the print setting for the HP1050C large format printer we have, hit page-setUp and changed the printer to Adobe PDF and saved as my archD pdf printer setting and it started working.

Long story short, It's working. I am not sure how or why, but it's working. Sorry if I've wasted your time.
Joemata

PostPosted by Tom Albright » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:23 pm

No need to apologize. These posts may help others with similar problems.

Occasionally, the Printer Setting Files will get corrupted and point to the wrong output device. I always check the lower right and lower left corners of the print screen, to make sure the printers match.

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know your outcome!
Tom Albright
Tom Albright

PostPosted by jgorman » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:37 pm

I'm posting here because I can't print color bitmaps using CutePDF. Turned off Color Map & Use Printer Settings. And it comes out gray scale. I don't print color often, but I've done it in the past - I'm guessing it's possible but I've forgotten what settings are required. Does anyone have a suggestion? Windows 8.1, GCP V10.
jgorman

PostPosted by Tom Albright » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:56 pm

In the settings for CutePDF, there is an option to print in color.

DP,U take you to the Settings screen, at the top select Cute as the printer and click the "Printer" button to the right of the printer name, then "Properties" button and you should see the Color Option screen.
Tom Albright
Tom Albright

Return to General CADD Forum