Can't erase certain synbols and some lines on V10 drawings

Description of your first forum.

Can't erase certain synbols and some lines on V10 drawings

PostPosted by Samleduff » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:12 am

I am working on a drawing in General Cadd V10. This drawing was created several months ago and I added a dwg drawing symbol. Up until today, I was able to edit the dwg symbol on the page, but today, I can't erase or move it. I tried to explode it, but it doesn't recognize the symbol or group of lines at all. I noticed on another drawing that a similar problem was occurring, but it was just some lines that I drew previously, not related to a dwg import, but once again, I can't erase the lines. I am guessing that it is something that I accidentally changed in the program, but I don't know where to start to figure it out. Hoping someone out there recognizes what I have done.
Samleduff

Re: Can't erase certain synbols and some lines on V10 drawin

PostPosted by PHINESLS » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:44 am

One thing you could check to see that All Layer Edit is on. The (AL)command toggles between all layer edit :on or off. If all layer edit is off you can only edit the current layer you are in.

Regards,

Patrick (Rusty) Hines LS
PHINESLS

PostPosted by Samleduff » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:34 pm

I realized as soon as I sent my question last night that that was my problem! I was tired and frustrated and not thinking clearly!

Thanks,
Samantha
Samleduff

PostPosted by Lew » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:35 pm

Samleduff wrote:I realized as soon as I sent my question last night that that was my problem! I was tired and frustrated and not thinking clearly!

A situation with which we are all entirely unfamiliar, right?
Lew

Return to General CADD Forum