Changing Line scales

Description of your first forum.

Changing Line scales

PostPosted by Kan » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:22 am

Anyone can guide me on how to asign different line scales to different type of lines on the same drawing?

Thanks
Kan

Re: Changing Line scales

PostPosted by Lew » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:54 pm

Kan,

OK, linetypes 0 through 19 are autoscaled (something for which my understanding is less than complete). Linetypes 20 through 29 are scaled at the ratio established by the LZ (Linescale factor) value. Each additional 10 added to the linetype increases the interpretation of the LZ factor to the spacing ratio of the linetype. [All XX0 linetypes are Continuous and are not truly affected by this.] Details on this should be found at http://www.generalcadd.com/videos.htm for more advanced explanation.

Does this help?
Lew

PostPosted by Kan » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:01 am

Lew, thanks for the reply.

Pardon my newbie status on GCP. Actually I still didn't quite get it. Perhaps I should have phrased my question more specifically:

What I wished to do were to asign a linetype scale to linetype 22 and a different linetype scale to linetype 35 on my drawing.

I visited http://www.generalcadd.com/videos.htm but was not sure which video you're refering to.
Kan

PostPosted by PHINESLS » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:19 am

Kan,

You can set only one LZ to your drawing. In other words you can not set a multiple LZ to different line types in the same drawing.

Regards,

Patrick (Rusty) Hines LS
PHINESLS

PostPosted by Tom Albright » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:22 pm

You can set different LZ scales within the same drawing, but you can only do it using viewports. Each viewport can have its own LZ setting. Let me know if you're interested in that method.
Tom Albright
Tom Albright

PostPosted by Kan » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:20 am

Thanks guys for your help.

The reason I wanted to change the linescale for 2 type of lines was because when I saved GCP drawing containing 2 linetypes, said A & B, to Acad format, my client complained the lines did not display properly under Acad program. When I changed the linescale using LZ, one linetype A would display OK but not the other. When I tried another LZ value, Linetype B displayed OK but not linetype A.

That was why I was pondering whether I could assign separate linescale to the different linetypes
Kan

PostPosted by CET » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:48 pm

I have the same problem and have filed bug reports but....... The only work around I've come up with is to start a new drawing, draw the lines that I can't get to scale correctly (they'll work on a new drawing), then load the drawing I'm having problems with, delete the lines drawn before loading the problem drawing, and you should be able to save a DWG that displays correctly. Please let me know if that works for you.

CT
CET

Return to General CADD Forum